In the current context, Eco-mobilier remains mobilized and supports its partners. Therefore, our teams continue their missions from their home offices. However, everyone’s health and safety remain our priority: take care of yourself. Regularly consult your government website to follow the latest development of the situation and the health guidelines being implemented.
In order to anticipate the increase of used mattresses, duvets and pillows collection in France, Eco-mobilier wishes to promote the creation of new markets to recycle these products. To meet this challenge, Eco-mobilier offers industrial players to launch new innovation partnerships that focus on developing new materials, technologies and applications.
Eco-mobilier collects used mattresses since 2013, and duvets and pillows since 2018. In 2019, the volumes collected already reached 66 000 tonnes. Thus, Eco-mobilier wishes to create new markets for the materials that come from these used products, and launches “innovation partnerships” with industrial actors.
You said « innovation partnerships » ?
Innovation partnerships specificity is to combine, within a single long-term contract:
- A R&D phase, which aims at developing new solutions and can be backed with a financial aid depending on industrial players’ commitments to Eco-mobilier;
- A commercial and industrial operating phase, which will enable Eco-mobilier to guarantee the actors a stable sourcing in end-of-life materials, both in quantity and prices.
This type of contract is particularly suitable for developing industries, which require a long-term commitment from the stakeholders in order to emerge.
Aims of the partnerships
The partnerships, which maximum duration is 5 years, shall:
- Ensure the development of new applications that come from the mechanical recycling of used mattresses polyurethane and latex foams;
- Ensure the development of chemical recycling technologies for used mattresses polyurethane and duvets and pillows polyester fiberfill;
- Enable the development of investments in pilot projects, demonstrators and recycling plants in France;
- Create new effective markets for end-of-life materials through the industrial and commercial operation of the concerned recycling units.
How to participate ?
Application files submission with our platform consultation.eco-mobilier.fr accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
APPLICATION DEADLINE : April 30th 2020 at 12.00 a.m.